Delta Family Resource Centre (Delta Family) is a 35-year strong non-profit and community-based agency, which has continually delivered a range of services to isolated and marginalized communities in Northwest Toronto. With a main office, four satellite locations and a staff of 45 qualified professionals, Delta Family is recognized forits commitment to building communities where all people thrive, for equipping residents with the tools they need to do so, for modelling effective collaboration and for developing programs, which respond to community needs. Delta Family provides support to parents, children, youth, seniors and Black communities, and has introduced a number of innovative programs and activities that meet the ever evolving needs of the diverse communities it engages and serves
**CONTACTING DELTA DURING COVID-19**
In an effort to do our part in combating the COVID pandemic, Delta is doing everything possible to assist you during this challenging time and to minimize the risk of spreading the virus. Here are some important messages for you:
- We have implemented a mandatory work from home policy for staff effective March 9th – until regular re-assessments allow us to re-open the office
- While staff are not in office, we are operational. Email and phone messages are regularly monitored to be able to respond to you promptly
- Each team (SNAP, Family Resource Program, Community, Pempamsie/OZ and Admin) is reaching out to their participants to ensure that clients continue to be connected and supported
- Continuing Emergency services include:
- Telephone support services for youth and families involved in the criminal justice system include:
- General program information and supports
- Managing and dealing with stress and anxiety
- Representational supports during video court proceedings such as Bail hearings (as need be)
- Support letters for court related matters
- Telephone Counselling Supports for youth and families
- General assistance to youth and their families seeking information on programs and services available in the community
- Individual, Group, Family, Trauma, Mental Health Counseling (via phone) – Call counselors directly
- 416 540-7780; 647 528-6016; 416 527-3554;
- Counseling for children and families (email@example.com)
- SNAP services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Critial support during COVID (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To support participants, Delta is in the process of creating a YouTube channel, where programs and activities (parenting programs, Activities for children and families, will be posted to facilitate participants who are staying at home. Check our website for details!
- Delta’s website dfrc.ca is updated regularly – check regularly for current developments
- Administrative operations continue and arrangements can be made for deliveries two days per week by emailing email@example.com
- To contact the executive director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Forms Completion Team
Delta has a team of staff prepared to assist individuals/families that have been directly affected by the covid-19 pandemic and are facing economic hardship. The team will assist you to navigate various emergency fund applications (eg: CERB, CERB, Support for Families etc) and answer any questions you may have. You will be required to provide Delta with consent either through a text message or email simply stating “I _______________ provide consent to Delta’s staff to support my benefit application.”
You must meet one of the following criteria:
- Unexpected Job loss due to the pandemic and have income of no more than $1000.
- Have experienced total or significant loss of income and are not receiving compensation of more than $1000 from any other sources because:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- You have been directed by health authorities to self-isolate
- You are the sole caregiver of any dependent(s) who is in self-isolation
- You have loss of income due to caring for dependents as a result of cancellation of schools (K-12), daycare, etc.
The team is assigned to assist individuals geographically. Send inquiries to email@example.com or telephone us at 416.747.1172 (ext: 80 / 81 / 71)
You are important to us, and we want to stay in touch. Follow us on Instagram: deltafamilyrc , Facebook: Delta Family Resource Centre , Twitter: @DeltaFamilyRC to ensure that you’re always up to date with Delta news! For more information and for the latest updates, please visit our website at www.dfrc.ca
Thank you in advance for your understanding, as we make this challenging journey together.
BE SAFE, SANITIZE REGULARLY, AND CONTINUE TO CHECK RELIABLE SOURCES FOR TIMELY UPDATES ON COVID 19.
Here’s a link to where seniors can find help : https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/where-seniors-can-find-help-in-toronto-during-covid-19-pandemic-1.4858537
Delta Family Resource Centre is a community organization serving priority neighborhood in Northwest Toronto. Our catchment area is: Humber Summit, Humbermede, Jamestown, Mt. Olive and Beaumond Heights – all NIA communities in Toronto’s North West.
All neighborhoods experience high levels of poverty, are isolated and under-served communities, as identified by the Urban Hearts research carried out by St. Michaels hospital and the City’s TSNS initiative. Residents include many immigrants and newcomers from South Asia, West Asia, Latin America, Vietnam, the Caribbean and Africa.