Delta Family Resource Centre (Delta Family) is a 35-year strong non-profit and community-based agency, which has continually delivered a range of services to isolated and marginalized communities in Northwest Toronto. With a main office, four satellite locations and a staff of 45 qualified professionals, Delta Family is recognized forits commitment to building communities where all people thrive, for equipping residents with the tools they need to do so, for modelling effective collaboration and for developing programs, which respond to community needs. Delta Family provides support to parents, children, youth, seniors and Black communities, and has introduced a number of innovative programs and activities that meet the ever evolving needs of the diverse communities it engages and serves
Delta Mission Statement
To equip people with the tools and resources they need to live progressively fulfilling lives, using community-grounded approaches
A healthy, engaged and empowered community where all people thrive.
**COVID-19 HAS NOT STOPPED DELTA FAMILY FROM BEING THERE FOR YOU!**
Learn more about how to contact us and access our programs and services
Delta Family is doing its part to combat the Covid-19 pandemic! You are important to us and we are making every effort to still be there for you and your family during these challenging times and to minimize the risk of spreading the virus.
To access our programs and activities here is what you need to know:
· We implemented a mandatory work from home policy for staff on the 9th of March
· This policy is still in effect, and we will reopen our offices to the public when re-assessments allow
· Even though staff are not in office, they are operating via email and telephone. Messages are regularly monitored so that we can respond to you promptly
· To support participants and clients, Delta Family has moved a number of its support programs online – offering group and one on one meetings. You can access these services at https://dfrc.ca/newsite2/2020/07/21/virtual-delta-programs/
· Each team (SNAP, Family Resource Program, Community, Pempamsie/Ounce of Prevention (OZ) and Administration) is reaching out to their participants to ensure that clients are supported and continue to receive our services
· Emergency services currently available include: o Food access (email@example.com)
o Support for youth and their families in contact with the Criminal Justice System (firstname.lastname@example.org)
o Crisis and family Counselling (email@example.com)
· Telephone support services for youth and families involved in the criminal justice system include:
o General program information and supports
o Assistance in managing and dealing with stress and anxiety
o Representational support during video court proceedings,, such as bail hearings (as need be)
o Support letters for court-related matters
o Counselling via telephone
o Assistance to youth and their families seeking information on programs and services available in the community
Individual, Group, Family, Trauma, Mental Health Counselling (via phone)
–Counselors can be reached directly at: (416) 540-7780; (647) 528-6016; (416) 527-3554;
o Counselling for children and families (firstname.lastname@example.org) o SNAP services (email@example.com) o Critial support during COVID-19 (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
Services to seniors continue as well, and here is a link to where seniors can find help https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/where-seniors-can-find-help-in-toronto-during-covid-19-pandemic-1.4858537
Delta Family also has a YouTube channel, where programs and activities, such as parenting and services for children and families, are posted regularly to provide assistance to participants and clients who are staying at home. For more details, check our website at dfrc.ca!
· Delta Family’s website is updated regularly, so we invite you to check dfrc.ca for recent developments
· Administrative operations continue and arrangements can be made for deliveries two days per week by contacting Andre Gordon by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The executive director of Delta Family can be reached at email@example.com
Forms Completion Team
Delta Family has a team of qualified professionals who are prepared to assist individuals and families that have been directly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and who are facing economic hardship. The team is available to answer any questions you may have, and will help you navigate emergency fund applications, including Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), Canada Child Benefit (CCB) and Support for Families.
You will be required to provide Delta Family with consent either through a text message or by email stating the following:
“I (your name)______________ provide consent to Delta Family’s staff to support my benefit application.”
You be eligible for assistance you must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Unexpected job loss due to the pandemic and have income of no more than $1000 a month a week? a year??.
2. Have experienced total or significant loss of income and are not receiving compensation of more than $1000 a week? a month? a year? from any other sources because:
o You have been diagnosed with COVID-19
o You have been directed by health authorities to self-isolate
o You are the sole caregiver of any dependent(s) who is in self-isolation
o You have loss of income due to caring for dependents as a result of cancellation of schools (K-12), daycare, etc.
The team is assigned to assist individuals according to geographical location. Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us at (416)747-1172 (extension 80 / 81 / 71)
To ensure that you are always up to date with Delta Family news, we invite you to stay in touch through social media by following and/or liking us on:
Facebook: Delta Family Resource Centre
Thank you in advance for your understanding, as we make this challenging journey together. Let us all do our part to minimize the spread of Covid-19 by:
WEARING A MASK OR FACE COVERING
AVOIDING A CROWD
SANITIZING REGULARLY AND
CHECKING RELIABLE SOURCES FOR TIMELY UPDATES ON COVID-19
Examples of reliable information sources include:
Once again, for more information and latest updates on all our programs, services and activities, please visit our website at www.dfrc.ca
Delta Family Resource Centre is a community organization serving priority neighborhood in Northwest Toronto. Our catchment area is: Humber Summit, Humbermede, Jamestown, Mt. Olive and Beaumond Heights – all NIA communities in Toronto’s North West.
All neighborhoods experience high levels of poverty, are isolated and under-served communities, as identified by the Urban Hearts research carried out by St. Michaels hospital and the City’s TSNS initiative. Residents include many immigrants and newcomers from South Asia, West Asia, Latin America, Vietnam, the Caribbean and Africa.