Accounting Clerk/Basic Bookkeeping Support
Position Type: 2 days per week
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Bookkeeper will work closely with the accountant, providing general accounting (payables and receivables) to Delta Family.
Under supervision, perform the following Accounts Payable functions according to established procedures and standards:
- Preparing petty cash requests in a timely manner.
- Checking and verifying suppliers’ invoices
- Reviewing cheque requisitions
- Preparing invoices for approval and payment
- Preparing cheques for signature and alerting signing officers
- Systematic filing of paid invoices and reports
- Preparing journal entries relating to accounts payable
- Entering journal entries on monthly basis
- Provide assistance in other special projects that impact A/R processes and efficiencies
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Support the preparation for payroll
- Preparing financial claims in accordance with established guidelines and contribution agreement.
- Preparing deposit slips and perform bank deposit of funds received from all sources
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in providing bookkeeping services
- At least two years of experience in providing such services to non-profit agencies
- Completion of Accounting related diploma/degree
- Comprehensive knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft office products,
- Quickbooks experience essential
- Must have strong attention to detail and able to provide quality work
- Analytical thinker, good problem-solving and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to finish tasks accurately and in a timely manner
The successful candidate will be required to have/obtain a current Police Reference Check
Delta Family is an equal opportunity employer.
Anticipated start date: ASAP
Forward cover letter and resume quoting position title by the closing date to:
Closing Date: August 30th, 2021
Delta Family Resource Centre, 2291 Kipling Ave, Unit
123, Etobicoke, ON, M9W 4L6
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Delta Family is a unionized workplace; Internal candidates will be processed before external candidates are